Monday, April 14, 2014

It's time! Oh holy crap, it's finally time! Cue the party gifs!






It's been nearly a year since I first announced A Shard of Ice publicly, and since then, I've basically been sitting here, twiddling my thumbs and freaking out at least three times a day over the fact that eventually, all of you were going to read it. If you think an author gets over this, the answer is no. We go into these incredible spazzes worthy of YouTube gold.

And now here we are, a year later and another book out. This one is, by far, both my favorite book to have written and my favorite book to share with all of you. There's just so much in it that pulls from who I am. Lilix was a character I had created in Middle School, and she stuck with me after all that time, insistent on having her own story. I kept putting it aside for Essallie and Kayden, but she wouldn't quit nagging me, not until I wrote down her story. That was all it took, and from there, A Shard of Ice was born. 

Well, it's out there now, and there's no going back. Which means I'm going to sit here, and try really hard not to freak out at the impending reviews, comments, and more. But really, I'm going to compulsively look for mentions of it anywhere. It's going to be hilarious and a little sad all at the same time. I wonder if my local B&N will mind if I just start camping out in the Teen section… 

But I'm rambling! Go forth, devour A Shard of Ice! Tell me why you loved it, why you hated it, who drove you insane, who made you feel like you made a new best friend! Create hilarious reviews that use gifs showing how utterly insane you were driven over the book. Jam out to the playlist of A Shard of Ice as soon as I upload it on a new blog post. Or not. But definitely grab it, read it, share it, explore the story Lilix wanted the world to read. 

Right now, you can grab the paperback or hardback off of Amazon. Barnes & Noble's website should have the book up within the day. As for the ebook, I'm being told it might not be until the 17th that it'll go live. I know, it's lame as hell. But as soon as it DOES go up, I'll edit this blog post to include the link, and probably spam-tweet/Facebook it for everyone, soooo. 


2 comments:

  1. I was cleaning out my to-reads on Goodreads and saw this. What ever happened to this book? It’s been on my WTR list for 5 years (!!), but I still haven’t seen an actual release or any evidence that the book exists, even though the publishing date is still set at 2014. Was it scrapped? Delayed? Any news at all?

    ReplyDelete