Friday, January 3, 2014

I'm officially dubbing 2014 the best year ever. It's not too soon, right? I might sound I had one too many pretty drinks, but when you read the rest of this post, you'll probably join along with me in the cheerfest.

When I first published in 2012, I originally drafted up this lengthy and wild idea for some 5-year plan to success. It was a pretty little chart, decorated in fancy font and strategic points of attack to achieve world domination a-la Loki. You know, minus the fail, but plus the hot Hiddleston.



If 2013 taught me anything, it's that not only do I feel like the biggest stick in the mud for hiding new books from you, but that 5-year plans are lamer than no birthday cake on your birthday. So, I tossed that whole 5-year shiz out the window in favor of a new plan. The plan where I will do whatever I please. This means more books, less wait time, and a few more neat things. 

Like what, you ask? I shall tell! 

1- Hello, new blog layout! (And you know, other cool bloggy things.)
In the next week or so, you'll see a whole new layout on the blog. My goal is to make it cleaner, easier, and not have parts of it un-updated since 2012. Because not updating is lame. I'll also be posting a heck of a lot more, from cool things like giveaways, to random thoughts, announcements of ARCs or upcoming book releases, you know the drill. I used to do a huge chunk of this on Facebook, but their stupid algorithm crap sort of makes it impossible for me to reach everyone the way I want to. 

Which brings me to #2! 

2- MOAR BOOKS! 
Remember how I said I had a 5-year plan? That plan sort of went like this; 
2012- Release books. Make one new friend.
2013- Hoard ALL THE MANUSCRIPTS.
2015- Take over world. Possibly get RDJ in on it for the giggles. 

Well, I tossed out that plan. Sorry, Robert. We'll need to work something out later. (I'll have my people call your people.)


You're going to see a book schedule unlike anything I've ever done. There are at least 9 books that will release this year. That's probably me being generous. The list is more like 15, give or take a few. My next blog post will give you all the crazy details on the multiple releases of both known and unknown series coming to bookstores and e-readers near you.

Oh, and one more thing.

3- One website to rule them all. (MWAHAHAHA!)

Many of you have been patiently waiting for some news on A Shard of Ice. Specifically, some of you got those neat little cards with a certain something-something on the back. A website address. It hasn't gone live yet, but it will shortly. Once it's open, both readers and bloggers alike will be able to get their hands on a ton of ASOI swag, some early reader copies both in paperback and ebook, and other neat surprises I have in store for you all. 


Since you're all so awesome for making it to the end of this blog post, and no one's given me the stink eye yet, let's start this off with a bang, shall we? Leave a comment below on what you're looking forward to most out of the three things I mentioned above. I'll pick a winner next blog post, and they'll get a signed swag pack full of coveted goodies! 

TTFN, ta ta for now! <3

6 comments:

  1. PICK ONE?! Whaaa???

    Only cause you MADE me....#2 is the best! Peeps don't like to wait for their favorite author's books. Bring them now! ;)

    YAY 2014!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're going to come like fireworks, bing-bang-boom! :)

      Delete
  2. I would have to pick # 2 also. I love your Riven series and cannot wait to read the next book.
    And A Shard of of Ice sounds interesting cant wait to read that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Books Books Books Books Books BOOKS! I can't wait for all the books! Hooray for 2014! I'm so very excited now :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course #2! 9 books in just a year, that is something!

    ReplyDelete